Wednesday 29 January 2014

Praise

Today was the day of prayer here at Prairie Bible Institute. It was really cool to see everyone praying all at the same time for pretty much the same thing.

But I started thinking, God is big.

Like really, really big.

Like so big, that with 48 words, He can create all the millions of billions of stars in the sky. Keep in mind many of these stars make our sun look like a tiny little spark.

And that just scratches the surface of God’s bigness.

And then many Christians take it for granted that He listens to us.

For a while I was frustrated with my prayer life. You see, I’m a very visual person, and it always bothered me that I couldn’t see God when I prayed. I knew that according to the Bible, I would die if I saw Him, but I only just made the connection.

God is SO big, powerful, and great, that if I saw Him, it would blow my mind. (Not figuratively, literally. There would be stains on the wall.)

I find it hard enough to comprehend the tiny little bit that I can grasp, but what really amazes me, is that He accepts our praise, prayer, and worship.

It is insignificant, but He accepts it anyways.

That really amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment