Sunday 26 January 2014

Frustration & Reminders

Flight training is frustrating.


There’s a lot of information getting thrown at us, and it’s hard to remember it all. Every time I go into the simulator, I make a really stupid mistake. Sometimes I miss a step on my checklist, or I screw up a simple radio call. I know these mistakes are all part of the learning process, but it’s frustrating either way.


Sometimes when I’m really tired, or I did particularly badly in a lesson, I really feel awful and almost feel like giving up.


The day before I started flight school, I wrote a post comparing my situation with that of the Israelites in Egypt. My uncle commented reminding me that they then spent 40 years wandering the wilderness. That was something I needed.

I was given a reminder yesterday of why I’m here: I want to be a missionary. This picture from my trip to Guatemala is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment