Sunday 5 January 2014

One Day Until Freedom

So today is my last day before I start flight school.


You could say I’m excited, but that would be an understatement.


I’ve wanted to fly for as long as I can remember, but I’ve never been able to.


That’s all about to change. My dream is about to come true.


I wonder if this is how it felt for the Israelites the day before Moses led them out of Egypt.


They spent years in harsh slavery, then Moses comes along and says God will deliver them. They see all the wonders, and then one day Moses comes up to them and says “tonight is the night”.


One more day until freedom.


Or flying, as the case may be.

(Post edit: The photo is from a card I sent to my grandparents. It says "Dear Grandma and Grandpa, Thaks for the 50$ cheque. I'm going to put it in my bank acount so that I can buy a plane. I need to save 223, 910$! Lots of love, Dominic." The date is from my tenth birthday...)

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that the Israelites spent another 40 years in the desert before finally entering the promised land... stay the course and good luck.

    ReplyDelete