Sunday 12 January 2014

Share

Those who know me know that I want to become a missionary. I’ve never kept that a secret, it’s even in my blogger profile description. I’ve been thinking though about what it means to be a missionary.


The “missionary verse” if you will, is Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (ESV). Most people nowadays realise that this includes our nation, our town, our street, our home, but sometimes I think people forget that it’s also now. Not later.


For me in particular, I’m looking towards a life of professional missonaryism (Yes, I know that’s not a word; I just invented it.). It’s easy for me to get into the mindset of “I don’t need to go all out missionary work right now, I’m going to do that later!” That mentality is wrong. I need to constantly remind myself that if I’m not working as a missionary now, what makes me think that I will later?


The great commission is not for certain people at certain times, but for everyone at all times. Now I’m not saying that you should go out onto the street and start screaming the Gospel into the face of everyone you see, but rather, you should always be mindful that you are displaying the character of Christ at all times.

And always be ready and willing to share the Gospel when the opportunity presents itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment