Sunday 2 February 2014

FLIGHT!

So I flew for the first time on thursday. For those of you who have been dreading this, LOOK OUT BELOW!


For those of you in the loop, I’ve been looking forward to that day for years. The best part is that it isn’t a once-in-a-lifetime thing. This is a I’ll-be-doing-this-almost-every-day-for-the-better-part-of-the-rest-of-my-life thing.


I’m excited. For those of you wondering, it went fantastic! My takeoff was a bit bumpy, but the rest went well.


I read a quote once “You haven’t seen a tree until you’ve seen its shadow from the sky”.  It’s true. It’s crazy.


Near here, there is a river, the Red Deer river. It’s cool because it has carved a decent sized valley into the landscape. when you’re driving, you can’t see it coming because it drops straight down. From the sky, it’s a massive rift that runs from north to south for as far as the eye can see. (The valley in the picture is the Red Deer River Valley)

God’s earth is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how very exciting!! So good to hear that you're already "in the air" and blessed by viewing and admiring an additional perspective of God's awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete