Thursday 13 February 2014

Biking in the cold

I wrote about biking to the airport before, most people didn’t seem to understand that I was serious.

I was.

I don’t ride everyday, but I ride often.

I enjoy the exercise, but sometimes it’s not very fun…

Somedays it’s unbelievably cold and windy. The cold isn’t that bad since the oil in my chain usually thickens meaning I have to work harder and thus stay warm, but the wind can be brutal!

I have had to tilt about fifteen degrees over to compensate for a cross-wind. That doesn’t seem like much, but trust me, it is.

Warm days are annoying too if I’m not expecting it, I bike to the airport all bundled up, and when I arrive, I’m drenched in sweat!

But worst of all, is the ice.

You see, in Three Hills they don’t seem to believe in using salt or sanding the roads. The just cars pack the snow down. This turns the roads into ice rinks. I have crashed multiple times because I tried to turn, and my tires just slid everywhere and I fell over. (I haven’t gotten around to studding my tires yet) Fortunately, I can usually see it coming and have time to jump off my bike.

All that being said I still do enjoy the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment