Wednesday 9 October 2013

Work Out

I'm sore today. Here's why:

It is important to stay in shape, but it tends to be difficult in college. Throughout my life I was a speed skater. I did pretty good, got into some pretty hard-core competitions, but now that I'm in Three Hills, there's no speed skating club. For a while I sat around, went inlining, and biking every now and then, but generaly got boredand out of shape.

That all changed.

Every Monday to Friday morning there's a beach body workout team in the gym here. It's free for all Prairie students. I started doing that. At first it was really hard since I was so out of shape, but as time went on, I got better and better. I still stuggle with a lot of the things we do, but it's getting easier. Really, the hardest part is getting to bed on time for a 5:45 wake up call.

You'd think that that would be enough excercise, but it's not.

I do even more. Every Friday and Sunday Evenings the arena here has an hour or so of Free skating. That's how awesome this place is. Then on Friday nights there's also a one hour toonie swim at the pool.

For those of you keeping track, that means that of Fridays, I get one hour of Plyo-Cardio circuits, then one hour of skating, then one hour of swimming. Do you want pain? I got it.

To say the least, I think I'm almost back in shape...

No comments:

Post a Comment