Sunday 27 October 2013

He Never Leaves

So my thoughts today stem from my post a few weeks ago… (you can read it here)


His love never fails, but He is also by your side. He never leaves.


God loves you unconditionally, so because of that, He never abandons you to the lions.


Psalm 3:3-6, “But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill. I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.”


I love that image. God standing as a shield to protect me from attacks. He listens to my call. Me, insignificant human that I am, He still hears and answers. He makes sure that I rise again.


Interesting connection, When it says “I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me”, I am reminded of my two week trip to Guatemala. I was there on a missions trip with Impact Ministries. Naturally, we stayed in a guest house provided by Impact Ministries. In my room slept two guys as well as myself. What I still find amazing, is that every single morning, I woke up at the right time no matter if we had to wake up early or later. I never set an alarm, but I was always awake. My only explanation is that God woke me at the right time.


Anyways, I digress.


God is your shield, but He is also your sword. The next part of Psalm 3 goes as follows: “Arise O Lord! Save me, O my God!For You strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked.” (Psalm 3:7).


God will not only stand between you and your enemy, He will destroy your enemy.

For “salvation belongs to the Lord; your blessing be on your people!” (Psalm 3:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment