Sunday 20 October 2013

What Has He Done?

My first term here at Prairie Bible Institute is over. It’s time for a recap.


I learnt a lot. Not just in class, but nearly everywhere in life.


I learnt how to write a seven page paper on something I know absolutely nothing about. I learnt how to politely tell someone they’re complete idiots. And how to prove it. I learnt about the Old Testament sacrificial system, and the importance of the first born throughout the Bible.


But that’s not what really matters.


I learnt that drinking gatorade from a 3 foot tall cup is hard, and gross (thankfully, not from personal experience). I learnt that if you’re going to fill the girls toilet with goldfish, it’s better to not get caught (unfortunately, that was from experience). I learnt that even if you have all the safety gear, you can still get a concussion while boxing, and I learnt that staying in shape is hard, and usually painful.


But that’s not all.


I learnt how to think critically and how to make connections between the various books, articles, etc. that I read. I learnt that selling your daughter into slavery is a better option than going bankrupt. I learnt that I’m not an academic, I’m a helper.


But most important:


I learnt to a greater extent that God will accompany me through everything. I do not need to be afraid.


So here’s to a good term past, and many more to come!

(If you have a drink, take a swig.)

No comments:

Post a Comment