Wednesday 2 October 2013

Wifi, Libraries and Video Games

So I decided that I had way to much stuff on my mind to just post on Sundays, so I'm going to do Wednesdays and Sundays... Let's see how long this lasts.

I don't know how many readers have attended Prairie Bible Institute in the last few years, but those who have know that the wifi ain't that great... Apparently they just upgraded it too, so now it's the fastest it has ever been. That's saying something considering I can't even load a basic webpage. And the router is just outside my room. If anyone should have good wifi, it's me. Yet I still don't get much most of the time. What seems to realy slow it down is actually all the guys around my room who like to play video games online. They use up all the bandwidth, so I can't do anything. To be honest, it doesn't bother me a whole lot, I can just go to the library and work there.

That strategy works fine. Until I want to Skype my friends and family since people don't like it when you're talking loudly in the library.

Or do they?

Here I was, studying in the library one afternoon working on a paper, when a bunch of guys from my floor come in with their computers. I was surprised to see them, I don't usually see them in the library since they prefer to study in their rooms. But hey, if they need some books or something, I'm fine. Anyways, they go to the back of the room, sit down at some study carrels and set up their computers. I don't pay much attention, until they start yelling at each other. They were playing some video game, and they had their headphones turned up so loud that they had to yell at each other to communicate what was happening. In the library.

Now I realise I may sound bitter, but I'm really not. (At least not too much) But I am surprised that they would have thought the library an appropriate place for that. But hey, what do I know.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to video call my friends in Germany (gotta love high definition cameras!) while I download a full length movie and play this new game I found online with awesome graphics!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you may just have to study around the noise. What else is on your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the noise. If youwant more, you'll have to wait 'till sunday.

    ReplyDelete