Saturday 1 March 2014

I Survived!

So I survived my survival trip. That’s always a bonus…


It was a lot of fun, though I must admit that I’m glad to be home.


I didn’t learn a whole lot in terms of actual physical skills, the only new skill I got was I learnt how to make a quinzee. But, I did gain quite a bit of experience.


First and foremost, I proved to myself that I can actually survive for several days if I were to actually crash my plane. That is a huge boost in confidence while flying.


Also, I learnt that I need to be careful when trying to warm my stuff up by the fire… Oops. My water bottle didn’t break, so I could still use it. It just bubbled and got bigger. My boot wasn’t that bad either, it’s just that very top insulation that melted a bit. I was choked though because I had made it through the whole week without melting anything, then the very last morning I bubbled my water bottle and melted my boot…

One last experience before I leave, if you ever get the chance to take a poop in -30 out in the bush, do it. It’s the best feeling ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment