Wednesday 19 March 2014

A Solo And A Hike

So I did my solo on Friday… Yeah… That was awesome…

Basically, I went flying with our chief flight instructor, he decided that I was up to par, so he got out and let me do two circuits. Yeah, that was awesome. If you’ve never done your first solo before, I don’t know how to describe it in English. It was something completely different. If you want to know what it’s like, you’ll have to do it.

Word (or rather, picture) of warning…

Yes you get wet and, if you do it at the right time of year like me, cold as well.

Anyways. A few days later, I went for a hike with my Impact group in Banff along the Johnston Canyon. That was a lot of fun.

If you’ve never been there, I recommend it. The trail is mostly boardwalk that follows the bottom of a narrow canyon. It’s not a very difficult trail, though if you do it in winter, I recommend renting ice cleats (they’re cheap), as the trail is slippery with ice and packed snow.

We did rent cleats, so we had an easy time of the trail. We saw plenty of people who didn’t have anything, and we had a good laugh (with them) as they slipped and slid around.

The canyon is beautiful though, and it was great to get out for some time of fellowship with my friends as well as being out in creation, admiring God’s handiwork. 














Oh yeah, and we made a snow unicorn...

No comments:

Post a Comment