Wednesday 13 November 2013

Slow Down, You're Going Too Fast...

On Sunday we had an Australian (already awesome!) from MAF (that sweetens the deal even more!) come and visit to give a talk about MAF’s vision for the future with an emphasis on their modifications to the recruitment regime (you can probably guess why).

I’ve felt God calling me to fly for MAF for quite a few years now, so hearing that I might get to fly with them as soon as I graduate kinda got me excited.

I know, it’s good to be excited about your dreams, if you don’t have something to live for, you won’t live for anything, yada yada yada…

That sounds good in theory, but I haven’t even started ground school yet, let alone flying to the level that MAF would require! (Though I’ve gotten good on my flight simulator…) All this excitement makes it hard for me to focus on my classes, I just go off daydreaming (which isn’t hard for me to do at the best of times) and then miss the important parts of my lesson.

That’s not good for a student who has to have a certain minimum GPA to get to the airport in the first place…

SO, moral of the story, yes it’s good to pursue your calling, but for crying out loud, only do it when it won’t interfere with your calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment