Wednesday 25 June 2014

Taking It For Granted

So on Sunday I went to a small town called Brooks to help with some scenic flights.

You see, a friend of mine is off to Zambia for two(ish) years to help with aircraft maintenance as well as probably some flying. To fundraise this endevour he has been offering scenic flights by donation, mostly to give people exposure to what he's going to be doing.

Back to Sunday... He had 90 reservations or so, and had asked the flight school if he could bother planes and instructors (to fly said planes). He also needed people to help calculate weight and balance, brief passengers, help with re-fueling, crowd control, etc.

So that's what I did all day Sunday. It was great fun. But I must admit, the biggest thing for me was the reminder that I'm unbelievably lucky.

You see, many of the passengers (if not most of them) had never been in a small plane before, and were nervous (to say the least) while they were waiting. But once they were back on the ground, the look on their faces reminded me that what I do everyday is one of the coolest things in the world.

I should never take this for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment