Tuesday 3 June 2014

PARTY!

So, I had my flight test this morning...

I got up at 0530, and got cracking. I had to check what the winds were so that I would be able to properly calculate headings and ground speeds. Then I got my butt to the airport for 0700. The oral brief started at 0900, and lasted about an hour and a half. That all went well, I knew all the information. Then we took off at 1130.

Now, you must understand, there were thunderstorms building several miles to the west, and coming our way... So as the flight went on, things got turbulent! But at first, the skies were silky smooth. I didn't even need to hold onto the yoke! Then things started to get bumpy, and I started to get tired. The last few exercises didn't go so well. After simulating an engine failure, I started to do some low-level exercises. Those are difficult and stressful at the best of times, But I had some good turbulence, a tired brain, and the stress of an exam... It wasn't very good to be honest.

Finally, we landed. I shut down the engine, and the examiner got out almost right away without a word. You can guess how I felt. Almost an hour later he sits down with my instructor and myself and starts to pick apart the flight. It took about half an hour for him to get through all the things he had to say. By the end, I was positive I had only gotten a partial and would have to fly again.

Then he told me I passed! Man was I excited! He gave me the sheet with all my marks, and I realized just how small the things that I thought I did bad on really are. I guess it goes to show that generally the things that you think were terrible usually aren't that big of a deal.

I'm really tired now, so if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get some rest!

1 comment:

  1. Félicitations, très fier de toi. Reposes toi bien, tu l'as mérité :)

    ReplyDelete