Wednesday 18 December 2013

The End of the Semester

Well, I’m done my classes or this semester. I’m on Christmas break… Let’s reflect on the semester that I have managed to somehow survive…

I look back to my first day at Prairie and I can see how much things have changed. These people here who have become so important to me, the laughs, the hard times… We’ve done life together (even if it’s only for a semester). I’m not talking about the stuff I learnt in class, I’m talking about the everyday stuff I’ve learnt. I’ve learnt that I can do things I didn’t know I could do. Like writing well written 1500 word papers. I also learnt there are some things I can’t do very well. Like gaming. I learnt the value of a good work ethic, I learnt that I actually enjoy cleaning toilets, and I learnt that sometimes it’s best to ignore work ethic and just have a good time with friends.

I’ve learnt that in the few hours leading up to a big exam, it’s best for me to get some alone time, I’ve learnt just how much I need regular alone time. I’m an introvert, so the fact that I need alone time is nothing new, but now that I really can’t get nearly as much as I would like, I’ve realised how much I need it.

I’ve made plenty of mistakes, and I’ve made plenty of accidental discoveries, I’ve learnt that there isn’t a whole lot I can do about my past mistakes other than learn from them, and I’ve learnt that some mistakes are actually worth doing more than once.

Here’s to a restful holiday, and I good new semester. (I get to start flying, yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment