Tuesday 2 June 2020

A Tortured Metaphor Around Racetracks

So I missed my May post. Sorry.

It's been a strange couple of months, and I don't think we're out of the woods yet. Though I have been wrong before.

Sometimes it's hard to see where this is all going. I don't want to wade into the internet debate about what part God has in all this, but we know that He is sovereign, and that He is King.

I've always liked watching Top Gear. A number of years ago, they were doing a challenge that involved racing super cars around the Imola racetrack. It's pretty entertaining. At one point as Jeremy Clarkson comes up a hill he shouts, "The track will be there. Keep it in!" He couldn't see the rest of the track right in front of him, but he had been there before and knew it was there. If he was wrong, he would have gone flying into the bushes. 
In a Lamboghini. 
Going flat out. 
Lamborghini Aventador Prices, Reviews and New Model Information ...
The Lamborhini Aventador Jeremy was driving.
Also eye candy.
There are worse ways to go. 
But of course he had been there before, and the track was still there.

Now, this isn't a racetrack, and I admit that I have never been in this situation before. It's hard to keep going. I don't always know how to proceed. Honestly, it's kinda scary sometimes.

But I know that I have been called to serve with MAF in the DRC, God has blessed this endeavour, and when I have stepped out in faith He has come through every time. This does not aleviate fear, but puts it in context. Jeremy was scared as he came to the top of the hill but he kept his foot down, knowing that the road will be there. I am scared (though for different reasons) as I look at the future and our "new normal". As I look at the challenge of ministry partnership during a time when I can't do it in the way I got used to, I feel scared; unsure how to proceed. But God is there. I just have to keep going.

Whether you think God caused Coronavirus or not, whether you think Jeremiah 29:11 applies to you or not, whether you know what is going to happen next or not, God is sovereign. He will be there. 

Keep it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment