Sunday 11 May 2014

Updates

So I realised it’s been almost a month since I’ve posted about Africa, so I figured I would let you guys know what’s up.

Not a whole lot. Things are going slowly. I’m having to trust God and pray a lot for the finances and other logistics.

I’ve been reading up about missions and the problems it’s facing. One thing that I know I’m guilty of is thinking of missionaries as quasi-divine beings. When in reality, they are human as well. Mistakes happen. I’ve been looking at these mistakes and trying to figure out how I can not make the same ones. I’m being challenged particularly with what I’m planning on doing. I want to go there to find out whether full-time ministry is for me, but I need to be very careful that I’m not doing something that one of the nationals could do.

I don’t want to get too caught up in missions philosophy, but I do need to be careful about what I’m telling those I interact with through my actions.

On the financial side, fundraising is going very slowly. I need to raise 3500$. Every little bit helps. if you want to help me, comment this post, or e-mail me at dominicvilleneuve1995@gmail.com .
I would appreciate it so much.

Also, I have some prayer points, please pray that I would know God’s will, that I would be able to walk in step with Him, and that the finances would be available.

Thank-you soo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment